Sorry, currently out of stock
Stromanthe sanguinea triostar / Calathea triostar
Every leaf unique and each a work of art with pink, cream and shades of green elegantly splashed along spear like leaves, the Triostar is a vibrant, tropical indoor plant. The pink underside reveals itself when these gorgeous leaves stand up tall and subtly dance around during the day. Striking in colour and bold in shape, Stromanthe sanguinea - the Triostar - comes to you in either a 15cm or 25cm plastic nursery pot (terracotta pot not included).
The Triostar subtly dances to the light during the day and its striking appearance makes this tropical houseplant a stand out feature in any space...
- This distinctive houseplant enjoys bright light - which enhances its variegation - and a humid environment.
- Mist regularly (with a spray bottle or mister) to enhance the humidity in the air around your Triostar.
- If you would like to increase the humidity around your Triostar, you can also place it on a pebble filled tray of water to ensure the humid environment that this indoor plant needs to thrive.
- But typically a room that gets sunlight and an excellent watering routine will keep this plant very happy.
- Keep the soil consistently moist but not soggy and don’t let your Triostar dry out completely between waterings.
- We recommend watering when the top 2cm of the soil has dried out. Water well, pouring over all the soil until the water drains right through the pot and out of the drainage holes at the bottom.
- Test the soil by sticking your finger into the soil to feel the dryness, and then water accordingly.
- The leaves will curl when your Triostar is too dry and needs more water. Keep an eye out for these signs to develop a consistent watering routine.
Fertilise your Triostar once every 2 weeks during Spring, Summer and Autumn (the growing season).
Knowing Your Triostar:
- The Triostar comes from the same family as Calatheas. This family of plants is often known as the prayer plant family due to the fact that many of the plants within this family have the unique characteristic of folding and unfolding their leaves based on the time of day.
- The Triostar is safe for pets and kids, so this a hot favourite for full homes!
- Add a Crochet Pot Sock or Terracotta Pot and Saucer to your Triostar to help finish off the trendy look of this striking indoor plant.
- View our Crochet Pot Sock range and Terracotta Pot and Saucer range in detail in our Plant Accessories category and simply select the pot sock colour option or terracotta pot size that suits on the product page, to automatically include a gorgeous add on to your purchase!
Giving this plant as a gift?
- If you are gifting this product to someone; let us know by leaving a note for the receiver of the gift on the Your Cart page where it says "Add note for the seller" (Click the cart in the top right hand corner before checking out or add the item to your cart before purchasing to see this option). We will then include your message on a tag, as a hand written note, with your gift package.
- If you have any further requests such as corporate gifting, tailored gift orders or special requests contact us directly at email@example.com and we will be in touch to assist.