The Spider Plant
Producing long thing green and white striped foliage that arches beautifully, Chlorophytum comosum - the Spider Plant, is easy to care for and comes to you in a 12cm plastic nursery pot or a 16cm or 20cm plastic hanging basket/hanging pot (terracotta pot excluded).
This whimsical, indigenous houseplant removes harmful toxins from the air. As one of the most adaptable indoor plants, imagine the joy that the fast growing arching leaves will bring to your space...
- It significantly reduces air pollution, cleaning the air that you breathe.
- The Spider Plant is a fast grower that produces small "pups" that are adorable. These can be easily propagated to make new Spider Plants.
- It is an easy to care for indoor plant - a great plant to keep newbie plant parents happy.
- The Spider Plant is safe for pets, so the perfect houseplant choice for pet owners and parents.
- It is indigenous to South Africa! #proudlysa
- The Spider Plant is happiest in medium to bright light away from direct sunlight.
- They are versatile and can adapt to lower light conditions and can even survive in artificial lighting. However these types of spaces may affect the lushness of your Spider Plant so keep an eye on their condition.
- Normal room humidity is sufficient, so you can choose any time of room with the right light for this indoor plant.
- Allow the soil of your Spider Plant to remain moist (not soggy) at all times. Watering when only the top 2cm's of the soil has dried out.
- If you water thoroughly until the water drains out the holes at the bottom of the pot, a good watering once a week should be sufficient in the 16cm hanging pot.
- Feed once a month in Spring and Summer with a liquid plant food.
- The graceful trailing habit of the Spider Plant makes it the perfect choice for a hanging basket or macrame.
- Alternatively it is suitable for atop shelves or high table tops where its form can be shown off. The hook of our hanging basket is removable, so you can choose how you want to showcase this striking indoor plant.
Giving this plant as a gift?
- If you are gifting this product to someone; let us know by leaving a note for the receiver of the gift on the Your Cart page where it says "Add note for the seller" (Click the cart in the top right hand corner before checking out or add the item to your cart before purchasing to see this option). We will then include your message on a tag, as a hand written note, with your gift package.
- If you have any further requests such as corporate gifting, tailored gift orders or special requests contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be in touch to assist.