Rose Painted Calathea
Sorry, currently out of stock
The Rose Painted Calathea
The spectrum of colours and unique patterned foliage with beautiful pink colouring are the root of the common name, Rose Painted Calathea. Originating from rainforests in South America, the Calathea Roseopicta comes to you in a 15cm plastic nursery pot (terracotta pot not included).
The Rose Painted Calathea belongs to the genus Calathea and is related to Ctenanthe, Maranta and Stromanthe. These indoor (and shade loving outdoor) plants belong to the Marantaceae family, well known as prayer plants or never never plants, because they fold their leaves up as if in prayer each night and back down in the day.
The striking purple backside of the leaves, similar to those of its relatives, reveal themselves at night when the leaves fold up and the rose painted patterned top of the leaves make a statement in any space all day long. This beautiful Calathea is a unique addition to any indoor jungle...
- Calatheas are one of the most popular houseplant varieties, so getting yourself a Rose Painted Calathea will certainly afford you great plantie bragging rights.
- This rich and vibrant houseplant will add texture and colour to any space!
- As a Calathea - of the prayer plant family - it's leaves dance to the light. Curling up at night and unfurling in the morning to catch the most sun rays. This will surely delight and surprise you!
- It has been proven that including green plants in our living and working spaces makes us very happy! So putting a Calathea in your home or office will boost your mood, enhance your creativity and help you to feel good.
- This distinctive indoor plant enjoys medium to bright light. Keep out of direct sunlight and also avoid cold spaces or cold drafts.
- It is happiest in a warm, humid environment.
- Mist the leaves of your Rose Painted Calathea regularly (with a spray bottle or mister) to enhance the humidity in the air around it.
- If you would like to increase the humidity even more and really help this plant thrive, you can also place it on a tray filled with pebbles and water to ensure the humid environment that this indoor plant loves.
- If you can, placing your Rose Painted Calathea close to a humidifier will be the best solution to maintaining the humid environment that will keep it truly happy.
- Brown tips on the leaves can indicate that your plant is not getting enough humidity.
- Keep the soil consistently moist. But not soggy and don’t let your Calathea dry out completely between waterings.
- We recommend watering when the top 2cm of the soil has dried out. Water well, pouring over all the soil until the water drains right through the pot and out of the drainage holes at the bottom.
- Test the soil by sticking your finger into the soil to feel the dryness, and then water accordingly.
- The leaves will curl inwards and become brown and crispy when your Rose Painted Calathea is too dry and needs more water. If the leaves become droopy then slow down on watering as it may be getting too soggy. Keep an eye out for these signs to develop a consistent watering routine.
- Like many other Calatheas, it is sensitive to minerals and chemicals in water, preferring rain, distilled or filtered water when watering.
- You can reduce watering in Winter. Keep testing the soil moisture.
- Feed your Rose Painted Calathea once every 2 weeks during Spring, Summer and Autumn (the growing season) with a liquid plant food.
Knowing Your Rose Painted Calathea:
- Calatheas are safe for pets and kids, so this a hot favourite for full homes!
- You can repot your Rose Painted Calathea every 2 years or so when the plant becomes root bound - and you see roots overcrowding its current pot or growing out the bottom and sides.
Giving this plant as a gift?
- If you are gifting this product to someone; let us know by leaving a note for the receiver of the gift on the Your Cart page where it says "Add note for the seller" (Click the cart in the top right hand corner before checking out or add the item to your cart before purchasing to see this option). We will then include your message on a tag, as a hand written note, with your gift package.
- If you have any further requests such as corporate gifting, tailored gift orders or special requests contact us directly at email@example.com and we will be in touch to assist.