The Snake Plant
Sansevieria trifasciata and Sansevieria trifasciata laurentii
The ultimate newbie plant parent indoor plant (like the ZZ Plant), and one of the most durable and easy to care for plants, Sansevieria trifasciata – the Snake Plant – commonly refered to as the Mother in Law's Tongue, comes to you in a 15cm, 20cm or 25cm plastic nursery pot (terracotta pot not included). Choose from the completely mottled green variety - Sansevieria trifasciata - or the yellow edged variety - Sansevieria trifasciata laurentii.
Tolerant of almost all environments, with sword shaped textured leaves, these patterned beauties are especially excellent in offices and work spaces. A favourite for beginners, due to their super easy care needs, and loved by avid plant parents, because of their striking foliage, this plant is for everyone and any space...
How The Snake Plant Makes You Happy:
- This is the ultimate beginner indoor plant!
- One of the most durable and easy to care for indoor plants, the Snake Plant will bring greenery and happiness into your space with ease.
- They are tolerant of most environments and as such an easy plant that can enjoy any space you choose.
- This indoor plant cleans and purifies the air better than most other indoor plants, creating a healthier and much happier environment for you. Encouraging better productivity and concentration.
Where The Snake Plant is Happiest:
- Because the Snake Plant is virtually indestructible and is very durable, it can live an various environments.
- These durable plants are happiest in moderate light. But can survive in low light and bright light spaces indoors, as well as in shade outdoors.
- The variegated and patterned varieties will do best in brighter light, with the darker leaved varieties tolerating low light very well. You will notice the variegation/pattern fade if the light is too low for the specific Snake Plant variety.
- Normal room humidity is sufficient.
Watering The Snake Plant:
- Water well about once every 2 weeks, pouring until the water drains right down into the pot and out of the drainage holes at the bottom.
- Allow the plant's soil to dry out completely between watering’s.
- Do not over water, as Snake Plants thrive best when watered less often.
- Yellow leaves are a sign of over watering.
Feeding The Snake Plant:
- You can fertilise your Snake Plant once a season during Spring, Summer with a liquid plant food.
Clean the leaves occasionally to avoid dust building up on the surface and inhibiting the natural processes of the tall slender and striking leaves.
Dress Up Your Snake Plant:
- Add a Crochet Pot Sock or Terracotta Pot and Saucer to your Snake Plant to help finish off the sleek look of this striking indoor plant.
- View our Crochet Pot Sock range and Terracotta Pot and Saucer range in detail in our Plant Accessories category and simply select the pot sock colour option or terracotta pot size that suits on the product page, to automatically include a gorgeous add on to your purchase!
Giving this plant as a gift?
- If you are gifting this product to someone; let us know by leaving a note for the receiver of the gift on the Your Cart page where it says "Add note for the seller" (Click the cart in the top right hand corner before checking out or add the item to your cart before purchasing to see this option). We will then include your message on a tag, as a hand written note, with your gift package.
- If you have any further requests such as corporate gifting, tailored gift orders or special requests contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be in touch to assist.