The Wax Plant
Enjoyed for the easy care needs and waxy leaves that grow on long vines, the Wax Plant, Hoya Carnosa - the original variety or our variegated variety, Hoya Carnosa "Tricolor" - are available in a 15cm nursery pot or a 16cm plastic hanging basket (terracotta pot not included).
The jungle vibe of this tropical houseplant and gorgeous greenery has made a popular collectors indoor plant as of recent years, with many plant parents seeking out the various different varieties to add to their collection. As a very easy to care for indoor plant, trailing Wax Plants add a lush element to your home or office with ease and grace...
- With simple care needs, the Wax Plant is an exceptional choice for newbie plant parents and to help you build your confidence with indoor plants.
- As it matures with the right care, it will delight you with long vines of slender thick waxy leaves.
- It purifies the air around it creating a healthier and happier environment for you.
- With exceptional care, the Wax Plant can put out creamy white and pink flowers. This will surely delight the successful indoor plant parent!
- Hailing from a tropical environment, the Wax Plant can be grown in moderate to bright light, avoiding direct sunlight.
- The variegated variety will be happiest and will show off its amazing colours best in bright indirect light.
- Normal room humidity is sufficient.
- Water well about once a week, pouring until the water drains right down into the pot and out of the drainage holes at the bottom.
- Allow the soil to dry out before watering again.
- The Wax Plant enjoys a very well draining soil.
- Fertilise your Wax Plant once every two weeks with a liquid plant food.
- The Wax Plant has a natural vining tendency, and will need space to grow as it matures. This plant pairs exceptionally well with a macrame or hanging basket.
- The Wax Plant can put out creamy white and pink flowers. These plants bloom best when root bound, so only repot every 2-3 years when the roots have grown out of the drainage holes at the bottom of the pot.
- You can prune your Wax Plant in Spring if you would prefer to keep it compact.
- Add a Crochet Pot Sock, Macrame or Terracotta Pot and Saucer to your Wax Plant to help finish off the lovely look of this vining indoor plant.
- View our Crochet Pot Sock range, Macrame range and Terracotta Pot and Saucer range in detail in our Plant Accessories category and simply select the pot sock colour option, macrame style option or terracotta pot size you love on the product page, to automatically include this gorgeous add on to your purchase!
Giving this plant as a gift?
- If you are gifting this product to someone; let us know by leaving a note for the receiver of the gift on the Your Cart page where it says "Add note for the seller" (Click the cart in the top right hand corner before checking out or add the item to your cart before purchasing to see this option). We will then include your message on a tag, as a hand written note, with your gift package.
- If you have any further requests such as corporate gifting, tailored gift orders or special requests contact us directly at email@example.com and we will be in touch to assist.