The Umbrella Plant
Boasting clusters of long slender leaves that gracefully extend from thin stems that resemble umbrellas, the Schefflera is accordingly commonly referred to as the Umbrella Plant. It is easy to care for and comes to you in a 15cm or 20cm plastic nursery pot (terracotta pot excluded).
The Umbrella Plant has excellent air filtering properties and due to its low maintenance nature, it makes a beneficial addition to any space…
- Excellent air filtering properties, cleaning the air that you breathe in.
- It is a low maintenance indoor plant, so a great plant to keep newbie plant parents happy.
- Because the Umbrella Plant is so easy to care for, you can add greenery and happiness to your space with ease!
- The Umbrella Plant is happiest in medium to bright light and can take a small amount of direct sunlight indoors.
- Normal room humidity is sufficient.
- So simply choose a space with the right light and keep up a good watering routine and you will easily be able to keep this indoor plant happy.
- Allow the soil to just dry out before watering.
- If you water thoroughly until the water drains out the holes at the bottom of the pot, a good watering once a week should be sufficient.
- We do recommend watering well when you water, by pouring water all over the soil until it drains out the holes at the bottom.
- You can test the dryness of the soil by sticking your finger deep into the soil and if it is still moist, you can wait another day or two before watering it.
- Feed once a month in Spring and Summer with a liquid fertiliser.
- The plant food bottle will indicate dilution instructions to help you know how to feed.
- To maintain the bushy compact shape of the Umbrella Plant, you can prune off tall shoots. Cut just above a healthy node and this will encourage bushier growth from the base.
- Clean the small slender leaves with a damp cloth regularly to keep them free of dust. This ensures efficient photosynthesis and keeps your plant healthy and happy.
- Add a Crochet Pot Sock or Terracotta Pot and Saucer to your Umbrella Plant to help finish off the wild look of this interesting indoor plant.
- View our Crochet Pot Sock range and Terracotta Pot and Saucer range in detail in our Plant Accessories category and simply select the pot sock colour option or terracotta pot size that suits on the product page, to automatically include a gorgeous add on to your purchase!
Please note, that the leaf colour of our Umbrella Plants vary. They can be solid green or have a yellow variegation. If you have a preference please leave a comments for us on the Your Cart page.
Giving this plant as a gift?
- If you are gifting this product to someone; let us know by leaving a note for the receiver of the gift on the Your Cart page where it says "Add note for the seller" (Click the cart in the top right hand corner before checking out or add the item to your cart before purchasing to see this option). We will then include your message on a tag, as a hand written note, with your gift package.
- If you have any further requests such as corporate gifting, tailored gift orders or special requests contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be in touch to assist.