Swiss Cheese Plant
The Swiss Cheese Plant
Adored and desired for its deep green tropical perforated foliage, Monstera Adansonii – the Swiss Cheese Plant – comes to you in an 15cm or 20cm nursery pot (terracotta pot not included).
The jungle vibe of this tropical houseplant has made it highly desired because of the heart shaped leaves boasting holes/fenestration - as the plant matures – that resemble swiss cheese. Very unique and unusual, it is an easy to care for and highly prized indoor plant that loves to climb...
- The Swiss Cheese Plants is a climber, and will add an instant fun, jungle feel to your indoor space.
- As it matures with the right care, it will delight you with tropically appealing deep slits/fenestrations in the leaves.
- It purifies the air and removes common toxins, creating a healthier environment for you.
- Very easy to care for, you will grow your plant parenting confidence owning once of these unique indoor plants.
- Originating in a tropical environment, the Swiss Cheese Plant can be grown in medium to bright light, out of direct sunlight.
- It is happiest in warm, humid environments.
- Mist every few days with a spray bottle or mister, to keep the leaves damp and clean and to increase the moisture in the air around your Swiss Cheese Plant.
- The Swiss Cheese Plant enjoys well draining, consistently moist soil.
- Water well about once a week, pouring until the water drains right down into the pot and out of the drainage holes at the bottom.
- Allow the top 2cm's of the soil to dry out before watering again. You can stick your finger into the soil to test for moisture.
- Fertilise your Swiss Cheese Plant once a month during Spring, Summer and Autumn.
- The Swiss Cheese Plants has a natural climbing tendency, with aerial roots and will as such need support (in the form of a moss pole or trellis or stake) as it matures and grows.
- This indoor plant is toxic, so please keep out of reach and wash your hands after handling or working with your Swiss Cheese Plant.
- Repot once a year into a pot one size bigger.
Giving this plant as a gift?
- If you are gifting this product to someone; let us know by leaving a note for the receiver of the gift on the Your Cart page where it says "Add note for the seller" (Click the cart in the top right hand corner before checking out or add the item to your cart before purchasing to see this option). We will then include your message on a tag, as a hand written note, with your gift package.
- If you have any further requests such as corporate gifting, tailored gift orders or special requests contact us directly at email@example.com and we will be in touch to assist.