The Polkadot Begonia
Adored for its tropical spotted foliage, Begonia Maculata – the Polkadot Begonia – comes to you in a 15cm black plastic nursery pot (terracotta pot not included).
The eye catching silver polka dots on the green and red coloured leaves of this easy to care for houseplant, will bring texture and happiness to any indoor space. Great for beginner plant parents and collectors we recommend this indoor plant for any type of plant parent...
- The Polkadot Begonia is a unique and striking houseplant, the silver polkadots will add texture to any space that it occupies and the colouring will surely delight you generously!
- Houseplants have been proven to purify the air and remove common toxins, creating a healthier and happier environment for you.
- This is a must have indoor plant. So owning a Polkadot Begonia will instantly up your plant parent rank!
- The Polkadot Begonia can be grown in moderate to bright light, avoiding direct sunlight. It will be happiest in indirect bright light.
- Generally a room that gets sunlight and an excellent watering routine will keep this plant very happy.
- You may need to increase humidity if it is kept in a dry/cold room.
- Water well about once a week, pouring until the water drains right down into the pot and out of the drainage holes at the bottom.
- Allow the soil to just dry out before watering again.
- You can reduce watering in Winter when there is less sun and it is colder.
- Yellow leaves are most commonly a sign of watering too often, if you experience this, reduce how often you water your plant and never let it sit in water.
- Fertilise your Polkadot Begonia once every 2 weeks during Spring, Summer and Autumn (the growing season) with a liquid plant food.
Knowing Your Polkadot Begonia:
- The Polkadot Begonia can be propagated in water. Cut off a stem with at least one node and place it in water, refreshing it weekly while watching roots start to grow.
- In the right conditions, the Polkadot Begonia can produce beautiful clusters of white flowers!
- As this plant grows it may need some support in the form of a moss pole or trellis as it can get long stems.
- Add a pot cover, basket, Crochet Pot Sock, Macrame or Terracotta Pot and Saucer to your Polkadot Begonia to help finish off the striking look of this appealing newbie indoor plant.
- View our plant accessories in detail in our Plant Accessories category and simply select the pot sock or pot cover colour option, macrame style option, basket shape or terracotta pot size you love on the product page, to automatically include this gorgeous add on to your purchase!
Giving this plant as a gift?
- If you are gifting this product to someone; let us know by leaving a note for the receiver of the gift on the Your Cart page where it says "Add note for the seller" (Click the cart in the top right hand corner before checking out or add the item to your cart before purchasing to see this option). We will then include your message on a tag, as a hand written note, with your gift package.
- If you have any further requests such as corporate gifting, tailored gift orders or special requests contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be in touch to assist.