Sorry, currently out of stock
The Mini Monstera
The highly sought after Rhaphidophora Tetrasperma (or Philodendron Minima) – the Mini Monstera – is a unique species of plant, native to Thailand and Malaysia, that is difficult to come by. It is part of the Araceae family and they belong to an independent genus known as Rhaphidophora. They are closely related to the Monstera and Philodendron genus (they are part of the same family) but they are neither a Monstera Deliciosa nor a Philodendron. Even though it looks like, has similar care needs to and is called a Mini Monstera, it is not a smaller version of the ever popular Delicious Monster.
This prized indoor plant is an aroid and comes to you in a 15cm plastic nursery pot (terracotta pot not included) and you can choose to purchase it with or without a bamboo trellis or a 20cm plastic nursery pot with a bamboo trellis.
The wonderful jungle vibe of the small split leaves and vining tendency of this tropical houseplant has made it amazingly popular for plant parents and plant collectors the world over! It is easy to care for and a fast grower in ideal conditions. And we are so excited to finally be able to share these beauties with you...
- The Mini Monstera grows new leaves rapidly in ideal conditions, and will add an instant fun, jungle feel to your indoor space.
- The Mini Monstera is a gorgeous climbing plant, and will add a lush and wild climbing style to your space when trained up a wall, around a bookshelf or down a hanging basket or macrame.
- It purifies the air and contributes happiness to your space, creating a healthier environment for you.
- So popular and highly prized in the plant community, owning a Mini Monstera instantly gives you plantie bragging rights!
- The Mini Monstera can be grown in moderate to bright light, avoiding direct sunlight. Indirect bright light is ideal and will yield the best growth.
- In ideal conditions, the Mini Monstera grows new leaves rapidly and needs space to grow wild and trail due to its climbing tendency. And it will grow best with some sort of support for the aerial roots to lean on, like a trellis or stake.
- Normal room humidity should be sufficient. But a misting of the leaves with water regularly will help this unique indoor plant thrive.
- Water well about once a week, pouring until the water drains right down into the pot and out of the drainage holes at the bottom.
- Allow the soil to remain fairly consistently moist. Do not let it sit in water or have soggy soil.
- You can water just as all the soil dries out, as over watering will be very detrimental to this indoor plant.
- Fertilise your Mini Monstera once a month during Spring, Summer and Autumn (the growing season) with a liquid plant food.
- The Mini Monstera has a natural climbing tendency, and will need support (in the form of a trellis or stake) as it grows. We do offer to purchase your Mini Monstera with a bamboo trellis.
For a very detailed breakdown of the Rhaphidophora Tetrasperma read this blog.
- Add a Crochet Pot Sock, Macrame or Terracotta Pot and Saucer to your Mini Monstera to help finish off the trendy and sleek look of this popular and highly sought after climbing indoor plant.
- View our Crochet Pot Sock range, Macrame range and Terracotta Pot and Saucer range in detail in our Plant Accessories category and simply select the pot sock colour option or macrame style option or terracotta pot size you love on the product page, to automatically include this gorgeous add on to your purchase!
Giving this plant as a gift?
- If you are gifting this product to someone; let us know by leaving a note for the receiver of the gift on the Your Cart page where it says "Add note for the seller" (Click the cart in the top right hand corner before checking out or add the item to your cart before purchasing to see this option). We will then include your message on a tag, as a hand written note, with your gift package.
- If you have any further requests such as corporate gifting, tailored gift orders or special requests contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be in touch to assist.