Heart Leaf Philodendron
Heart Leaf Philodendron
Another excellent indoor plant for beginners to plant parenting (newbies), that is very easy to care for and fast growing, our Philodendron scandens – the Heart Leaf Philodendron – comes to you in a 12cm or 15cm nursery pot (terracotta pot not included) or a 20cm plastic hanging basket. We also offer the choice of the green variety (Philodendron scandens Oxycardi) as well as the variegated variety (Philodendron scandens Brasil) that boasts wonderfully bright yellow and green colouring.
Another houseplant that is admired for it’s vining heart shaped leaves, the Heart Leaf Philodendron trails naturally, is a vigorous grower and can grow extremely long with excellent care indoors. It is a wonderful plant to put your propagation skills to the test with and can thrive in any type of indoor light, as long as it is exposed to some natural indirect light or fluorescent lights.
- This vigorous grower of an indoor plant can thrive in any light and as such adds instant greenery to almost any space.
- The Heart Leaf Philodendron is a completely fuss free houseplant, and super easy to care for. This indoor plant will give you great plant parenting confidence and happiness with ease!
- As it matures with the right care, it will delight you with tropically appealing long trailing stems of beautiful leaves that vine elegantly.
- This indoor plant purifies the air and removes common toxins, creating a healthier and happier environment for you.
- These make excellent office plants as they can survive in fluorescent lighting.
- The Heart Leaf Philodendron is happiest in medium to bright indirect light, avoiding direct sunlight. Even though it can live in low light, but this could have an effect on the growth of new leaves, so keep an eye on it if it is on too low light.
- In ideal conditions and with simple care, the Heart Leaf Philodendron grows new leaves rapidly and needs space to trail down and vine in its natural style.
- It is stunning in a macrame or hanging basket - like the Mia Melange type that we sell in our boutique plant shop. It is also suitable for atop shelves, plant stands or high surfaces.
- Water well about once a week, pouring until the water drains right down into the pot, saturating all the soil and runs out of the drainage holes at the bottom.
- Allow the soil to just dry out before watering again. Use a stick or moisture meter to help you to determine the moisture of the soil and to develop an effective watering routine.
- Fertilise your Heart Leaf Philodendron once a month during Spring, Summer and Autumn (the growing season) with a liquid plant food or fertiliser.
- The Heart Leaf Philodendron is easily propagated, simply take stem cuttings with nodes and root them in water or soil.
- The Heart Leaf Philodendron can be repotted in the Spring season when it is completely root bound and the roots are growing out the holes at the bottom of its pot.
- The Heart Leaf Philodendron is toxic to pets and children, so please keep out of reach.
- Add a Macrame or Terracotta Pot and Saucer to your vining Philodendron to help finish off the look of this extremely popular trailing indoor plant.
- View our pots, baskets, macrames and other accessories in detail on our Plant Accessories category and simply select the accessory you love on the product page, to automatically include a gorgeous add on to your purchase!
Giving this plant as a gift?
- If you are gifting this product to someone; let us know by leaving a note for the receiver of the gift on the Your Cart page where it says "Add note for the seller" (Click the cart in the top right hand corner before checking out or add the item to your cart before purchasing to see this option). We will then include your message on a tag, as a hand written note, with your gift package.
- If you have any further requests such as corporate gifting, tailored gift orders or special requests contact us directly at email@example.com and we will be in touch to assist.