Heart Leaf Philodendron Variegated Kokedama
Sorry, currently out of stock
Heart Leaf Philodendron Variegated Kokedama
Another excellent indoor plant for beginners to plant parenting (newbies), the Philodendron scandens – the Heart Leaf Philodendron is very easy to care for and fast growing. Suited very well to a kokedama / moss ball, because of its trailing growth habit and easy care needs, the Heart Leaf Philodendron Kokedama is a wonderful gift and great hanging addition to your indoor jungle.
We also sell the Heart Leaf Philodendron in a 12cm or 15cm nursery pot or a 20cm plastic hanging basket. We also offer the choice of the green variety (Philodendron scandens Oxycardi) as well as the variegated variety (Philodendron scandens Brasil) that boasts wonderfully bright yellow and green colouring.
Another houseplant that is admired for it’s vining heart shaped leaves, the Heart Leaf Philodendron trails naturally, is a vigorous grower and can grow extremely long with excellent care indoors. It is a wonderful plant to put your propagation skills to the test with and can thrive in any type of indoor light, as long as it is exposed to some natural indirect light.
How The Heart Leaf Philodendron Makes You Happy:
- This vigorous grower of an indoor plant can thrive in any light and as such adds instant greenery to almost any space.
- The Heart Leaf Philodendron is a completely fuss free houseplant, and super easy to care for. This indoor plant will give you great plant parenting confidence and happiness with ease!
- As it matures with the right care, it will delight you with tropically appealing long trailing stems of beautiful leaves that vine elegantly.
- The bright and fun yellow and green variegation on the leave of the Brasil variety of the Heart Leaf Philodendron, will add a wonderful texture to the space it occupies.
- This indoor plant purifies the air and removes common toxins, creating a healthier and happier environment for you.
- The Kokedama is a unique way of hanging your indoor plants, and will elevate the appeal of your houseplant collection with pizzaz!
Where The Heart Leaf Philodendron is Happiest:
- The Heart Leaf Philodendron is happiest in medium to bright indirect light, avoiding direct sunlight. Even though it can live in low light, but this could have an effect on the growth of new leaves, so keep an eye on it if it is on too low light.
- In ideal conditions and with simple care, the Heart Leaf Philodendron grows new leaves rapidly and needs space to trail down and vine in its natural style.
Watering The Heart leaf Philodendron Kokedama:
- Water your kokedama well about once a week, by submerging the whole moss ball (plant side up) in a basin/bucket of water. Allow to soak for 10-30 minutes and then allow to drain before hanging back up.
- Allow the moss ball to almost completely dry out before watering again. It will be much lighter in weight and colour indicating that it is dry. You can test the weight of the moss ball right after watering, and then again five days later comparing the two, to help you to develop an effective watering routine.
- Using a moisture meter to test the moisture inside the middle of the moss ball is also a great tool to ensure that you are watering effectively.
Feeding The Heart Leaf Philodendron:
- Fertilise your Heart Leaf Philodendron Kokedama once a month during Spring, Summer and Autumn (the growing season) with a liquid plant food or fertiliser.
- You simply dilute the plant food in the water in the bucket/basin that you water your Kokedama with, as you would in your watering can with any other houseplant.
- The Heart Leaf Philodendron is easily propagated, simply take stem cuttings with nodes and root them in water or soil.
- The Heart Leaf Philodendron Kokedama will last between 1 and 2 years before it needs to be re-wrapped or re-potted. This can be done after 2 years of not changing the moss ball or when you notice roots growing through the moss.
- The Heart Leaf Philodendron is toxic to pets and children, so please keep out of reach.
Giving this plant as a gift?
- If you are gifting this product to someone; let us know by leaving a note for the receiver of the gift on the Your Cart page where it says "Add note for the seller" (Click the cart in the top right hand corner before checking out or add the item to your cart before purchasing to see this option). We will then include your message on a tag, as a hand written note, with your gift package.
- If you have any further requests such as corporate gifting, tailored gift orders or special requests contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be in touch to assist.