Fiddle Leaf Fig
The Fiddle Leaf Fig
The indoor plant of the decade! Popular in decor and design, the bold, lush, broad leafed trendy houseplant, the Ficus Lyrata - well known as the Fiddle Leaf Fig - comes to you in a 15cm, 20cm or 30cm (about 1m tall from floor to top leaf) plastic nursery pot (terracotta pot not included).
Please note that our 30cm Fiddle Leaf Fig can only be collected from our retail store, whilst our 15cm and 20cm Fiddle Leaf Fig ships throughout South Africa.
The extremely popular and gorgeous leafy Fiddle Leaf Fig, is a huge favourite amongst plant lovers and newbie plant owners. Seen on social media in great quantity and enjoyed by home and office spaces world wide, this is a must in any home or office space!
- Originating in the West Africa tropical rainforests, your Fiddle Leaf Fig brings an instant African jungle vibe into your home and office.
- It purifies the air and removes common toxins, creating a healthier environment for you.
- So trendy in modern decor, owning the Fiddle Leaf Fig will make you instantly more on trend!
- It is a feature plant - bound to attract attention and perfect for aside fireplaces, in doorways, entrance halls and the focal point of a living room.
- The Fiddle Leaf Fig is happiest in bright light, out of direct sunlight.
- Direct sunlight will burn the leaves.
- Keep the air around your Fiddle Leaf Fig moist, misting regularly - especially in winter if heaters dry the air out.
- The Fiddle Leaf Fig is not happy when you move it around a lot. Try and find the optimal position for your Fiddle Leaf Fig, let it settle and then leave it there to thrive.
- Water well about once a week, pouring until the water drains right down into the pot and out of the drainage holes at the bottom.
- Allow the soil to just dry out before watering again.
- Your Fiddle Leaf Fig will be happiest if you are very consistent with your watering routine, watering well on the same day of the week every time.
- Fertilise your Fiddle Leaf Fig once every 2 weeks during Spring, Summer and Autumn.
- The big glorious leaves that are admired greatly on The Fiddle Leaf Fig, can easily accumulate dust and they will be very happy if you wipe them down with a damp cloth regularly to open the pores.
Repot once a year during Spring into a pot that is one size bigger - while your plant is still growing. The Fiddle Leaf Fig wants to grow big and needs the space for its roots to do so, so keep repotting as it grows. After it really matures and is in a big enough pot after a few years of repotting, you can keep it in its pot and just replace the top 5cm of potting soil. Read our step by step potting and repotting guide on our blog for repotting tips.
Dress Up Your Fiddle Leaf Fig:
- Add a Crochet Pot Sock or Terracotta Pot and Saucer to your Fiddle Leaf Fig to help finish off the trendy and highly appealing look of this tremendously popular indoor plant and home feature.
- View our Crochet Pot Sock range and Terracotta Pot and Saucer range in detail in our Plant Accessories category and simply select the colour option and size you love on the product page, to automatically include this gorgeous add on to your purchase.
Giving this plant as a gift?
- If you are gifting this product to someone; let us know by leaving a note for the receiver of the gift on the Your Cart page where it says "Add note for the seller" (Click the cart in the top right hand corner before checking out or add the item to your cart before purchasing to see this option). We will then include your message on a tag, as a hand written note, with your gift package.
- If you have any further requests such as corporate gifting, tailored gift orders or special requests contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be in touch to assist.