Sorry, currently out of stock
The Button Fern
This round-leafed adorable fern, the Pellaea Rotundifolia is commonly known as the Button Fern – and comes to you in a 12cm plastic nursery pot (terracotta pot not included).
The small oval soft velvety dark green leaves on red stems are adorable and eye-catching! This adorable fern is very appealing in a hanging basket and with space to arch downwards. It is great for bathrooms and kitchens as they will enjoy the humid environment...
- The cute leaves of the Button Fern are adorable and calming, one look and you just have to smile and admire this indoor plant!
- This fern is fairly slow growing so it will remain fairly compact with an arching growth pattern, so it won't outgrow the space you choose for it. Making it ideal for small spaces!
- Plants have been proven to increase Oxygen in the air around them and bring happiness to any space they take up. Helping create a healthier and happier environment for you!
- The Button Fern is pet friendly, so it will happily share a space with pets and young children. And you won't have to worry about any greenery nibbling.
- Plus it is a shower companion, like our other ferns! Because a very happy place for your Button Fern is in the shower with you every few weeks for a lukewarm shower that acts as a humidity boost and also cleans the leaves.
- The Button Fern is happiest in moderate or bright indirect light. Keep out of direct sunlight as this can burn the leaves.
- It can tolerate low light spaces, but if the leaf colour and production could be negatively affected. Move to a brighter space if this occurs.
- This fern is happiest in warm temperatures with high humidity.
- A room like the bathroom or kitchen work very well for this indoor plant. Any other room with constant human activity or a space close to other plants also helps enhance natural humidity.
- It will enjoy a humid environment or a misting on the leaves regularly (with a spray bottle or mister) to enhance the moisture in the air around your Button Fern. Always use lukewarm or room temperature water to mist the leaves of your ferns or to shower it to clean the leaves and give it a humidity boost.
- Water your Button Fern consistently when the soil half dries out.
- Water with lukewarm or room temperature water, so as to avoid shocking the roots of this tropical indoor plant.
- The Button Fern needs well draining soil and will get root rot very easily of over watered or left to sit in water.
- Water well, ideally pouring water all over the soil and until it runs out the holes at the bottom of the pot and then allow it to drip dry and return to its home. It is best to water in a basin, in the bath, shower or in the garden, where the water can drain away from your pot plant.
- You can test the moistness of the soil by sticking your finger or a chop stick deep into the pot, and observing the moistness of the soil that comes out stuck on the stick or your finger. The soil should be half dry throughout the pot. Never completely soggy and wet. Never completely dried out that the soil is separating from the sides of the pot.
- With the above in mind, you will notice the small leaves dry up and shrivel when your Button Fern needs more water.
- Yellow and wilting fronds (leaves) are a sign of over watering.
- Clean the leaves of your Button fern regularly to ensure efficient energy production via photosynthesis. To remove dust on the leaves of your Ferns, take this adorable for fern into the shower with you every few weeks and give it a lukewarm shower.
- You can repot your Button Fern in Spring, into a pot one size bigger when the roots start growing out the bottom of the pot. Read our repotting guide for tips on how to do this.
- Add a Crochet Pot Sock, Macrame or Terracotta Pot and Saucer to your Button Fern to help finish off the jungle look of this tropical fern indoor plant.
- View our Crochet Pot Sock range, Macrame range and Terracotta Pot and Saucer range in detail in our Plant Accessories category and simply select the pot sock colour option, macrame style option or terracotta pot size you love on the product page, to automatically include this gorgeous add on to your purchase!
Giving this plant as a gift?
- If you are gifting this product to someone; let us know by leaving a note for the receiver of the gift on the Your Cart page where it says "Add note for the seller" (Click the cart in the top right hand corner before checking out or add the item to your cart before purchasing to see this option). We will then include your message on a tag, as a hand written note, with your gift package.
- If you have any further requests such as corporate gifting, tailored gift orders or special requests contact us directly at email@example.com and we will be in touch to assist.