The Bamboo Palm
Adored for its wild jungle vibe, the Chrysalidocarpus Lutescens commonly known as the Bamboo Palm, Areca Palm or Parlor Palm is available in a 15cm, 20cm, 25cm or 30cm plastic nursery pot (terracotta pot not included).
Please note that our 25cm and 30cm Bamboo Palm can only be collected from our retail store, whilst our 15cm and 20cm Bamboo Palms ship throughout South Africa.
The long thin stems of this well loved indoor plant, grow closely together from the base, exposing arching fronds with thin feather shaped leaves. This houseplant is an air purifying plant and as such improves the air quality around it, making it a beautiful and beneficial addition to any room or office space...
- The arching fronds and shape of the Bamboo Palm add an instant lush feel to any space, immediately adding a touch of nature to your indoor spaces.
- Bamboo palms absorb toxins from the air. Cleaning the air that you breathe and creating a healthier environment for you.
- Bamboo Palms are pet friendly, so you can happily keep these beauties in homes with kids and pets.
- The Bamboo Palm is happiest in moderate to bright indirect light, out of direct sunlight.
- Direct sunlight will burn the leaves.
- Your Bamboo Palm will enjoy a humid environment. You can place it in a warm humid space or mist it regularly with a spray bottle or mister.
- The Bamboo Palm enjoys consistently moist soil that almost dries out before you water it again.
- Water well, pouring until the water saturates all the soil, drains right down into the pot and out of the drainage holes at the bottom, when the top half of the soil in the pot has dried out.
- Test the soil moisture by sticking a moisture meter or stick, deep into the pot regularly to determine how quickly the soil dries out. And use this method to determine a good watering routine.
- Fertilise your Bamboo Palm once every 2 weeks during Spring, Summer and Autumn (the growing season) with a liquid plant food.
- Take your Bamboo Palm for a lukewarm shower every now and then to clean the leaves and give it a humidity boost.
- You can prune dead, browning or yellowing leaves at the base of the stem to encourage fresh new growth on your Bamboo Palm.
- Keep away from cold drafts.
- Repot your Bamboo Palm once a year into a pot one size bigger.
- Add a basket, Crochet Pot Sock, Macrame or Terracotta Pot and Saucer to your Delicious Monster to help finish off the jungle look of this popular indoor plant.
- View our Crochet Pot Sock range, Macrame range and Terracotta Pot and Saucer range in detail in our Plant Accessories category and simply select the pot sock colour option, basket or terracotta pot size you love on the product page, to automatically include this gorgeous add on to your purchase!
Giving this plant as a gift?
- If you are gifting this product to someone; let us know by leaving a note for the receiver of the gift on the Your Cart page where it says "Add note for the seller" (Click the cart in the top right hand corner before checking out or add the item to your cart before purchasing to see this option). We will then include your message on a tag, as a hand written note, with your gift package.
- If you have any further requests such as corporate gifting, tailored gift orders or special requests contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be in touch to assist.