Yogi Moss Pole
Sorry, currently out of stock
Yogi Moss Pole
The Yogi Moss Poles from the gorgeous Nkhensani of HerMerakai are beautiful, functional and bendable. They allow you to play around with the shape to best suit your plants!
We know that all plants grow differently, and as such, when trailing them along a moss pole, you want something that is going to suit their growth habit and show them off the best. And as Nkhensani says: it also "stands out as an interesting art piece to your home". So not only are they functional, but they are also artistically eye catching and beautiful!
All Yogi Moss Poles are 100% locally handmade from 100% sustainable growing mediums.
And because of this, each is unique!
The benefits of using a moss pole:
- Provide support for climbing/vining plants to grow upwards. The aerial roots can easily attach to the growing medium, securing the plant and encouraging its growth.
- They often help plants progress through to maturity. Taller plants think they’re closer to the sunlight at the top of the rainforest canopy and make changes to capitalize on that. Potentially leading to larger plants, larger leaves, fenestrations and more.
- They’re a space-efficient solution. Climbing plants can be trained to occupy vertical space instead of horizontal.
- They can make unruly plants look really good. We’ve all got that one vining species that looks like all stem and no foliage sometimes. By integrating the stem of the plant with the central pole, it visually removes the stem and highlights the foliage.
Available in 2 types:
- Sphagnum Moss
- Coco Coir
Available in 2 sizes:
Choosing Moss vs Coco-coir:
- Sphagnum moss makes for a great support material as its water retentive, highly resistant to rot and its fluffy consistency is easy for plants to root into.
- Coco coir is a material made from the husks of coconuts and has many of the same qualities as dried sphagnum moss. The coconut fibre is still water-retentive (though not as much as sphagnum) and is also resistant to breaking down.