Kimberly Queen Fern
Sorry, currently out of stock
The Kimberly Queen Fern
Nephrolepis Obliterata 'Shiva'
This most adaptable fern, Nephrolepis Obliterata 'Shiva' – commonly known as the Kimberly Queen Fern or Australian Sword Fern – comes to you in a 20cm plastic nursery pot (terracotta pot not included).
So elegant, and similar to its cousin the Sword Fern, the Kimberly Queen Fern is easier to care for and also pet friendly. It looks stunning on shelves, in hanging baskets, macrames or on pedestals, with its green arching fronds extending compactly outwards.
- This indoor plant is relatively low maintenance, and as such a great greenery and happiness provider for newbie plant parents.
- Removes formaldehyde from the air.
- It purifies and restores moisture to the air. Increasing humidity and ultimately providing a healthier and more enjoyable environment for you!
- The Kimberly Queen Fern is pet friendly, so it will happily share a space with pets and young children. And you won't have to worry about any greenery nibbling.
- Native to Australia, this fern is hardier than its cousins within the fern family.
- It is happiest in moderate or bright light, and can tolerate some direct sunlight.
- It is happiest in warm temperatures and spaces with some humidity.
- A room like the bathroom or kitchen work very well for this indoor plant because of the humidity created in these rooms. Any other room with constant human activity or a space close to other plants also helps enhance natural humidity.
- If you would like to enhance the humidity, mist the leaves regularly (with a spray bottle or mister) to enhance the moisture in the air around your Kimberly Queen Fern.
- Brown tips on the leaves is a sign that your Kimberly Queen fern needs more moisture in the air/a more humid environment.
- Keep the soil of your Kimberly Fern moist at all times.
- Make sure to never allow your Kimberly Queen Fern Fern to dry out completely, watering often.
- Water every few days, ideally pouring water all over the soil and until it runs out the holes at the bottom of the pot.
- If the leaves turn brown and crispy in the centre, then you are over watering your new fern.
- Fertilise your Kimberly Queen Fern once a month during Spring, Summer and Autumn with a liquid plant food.
- To remove dust on the leaves of your Kimberly Queen Fern, take this easy to care for fern into the shower with you every few weeks (if it doesn’t live there already) to give it a rinse off in a lukewarm shower.
Giving this plant as a gift?
- If you are gifting this product to someone; let us know by leaving a note for the receiver of the gift on the Your Cart page where it says "Add note for the seller" (Click the cart in the top right hand corner before checking out or add the item to your cart before purchasing to see this option). We will then include your message on a tag, as a hand written note, with your gift package.
- If you have any further requests such as corporate gifting, tailored gift orders or special requests contact us directly at email@example.com and we will be in touch to assist.