The Imperial Red
Philodendron Imperial Red
With lush, empowering long oval shaped leaves; the Philodendron Imperial Red - Imperial Red – is hard to find and there are only a few available in a 15cm or 20cm nursery pot (terracotta pot not included).
Each new slender light burgundy leaf, curls out to reveal glossy bright long leaves, that extend out from a dense cluster of bold green and red leaves with light red young stems. This compact yet dramatic plant is more upright than its relative the Imperial Green and the rich burgundy, green leaves make it a prized houseplant and a remarkable addition to any indoor space...
- The Imperial Red is low maintenance and can withstand lower light conditions. Great for beginner plant parents, this indoor plant will bring happiness into your home easily.
- It filters toxins from the air and purifies the surrounding air.
- The Imperial Red can tolerate most light conditions.
- It will thrive best in moderate to bright light spaces away from direct sunlight.
- Keep away from cold drafts.
- Your Imperial Red will be very happy with a good misting (with a spray bottle or plant mister) every few days.
- Keep the soil of your Imperial Red moist at all times.
- Water well when the top of the soil has dried out, allowing the water to run out the holes at the bottom of the pot when watering.
- Avoid this indoor plant sitting in water constantly or having wet or soggy soil.
- Fertilise your Imperial Red once every 2 weeks during Spring, Summer and Autumn.
- To assist with efficient photosynthesis, wipe the leaves of your Imperial Red with a damp cloth regularly to remove accumulated dust and keep the lush leaves shiny.
Giving this plant as a gift?
- If you are gifting this product to someone; let us know by leaving a note for the receiver of the gift on the Your Cart page where it says "Add note for the seller" (Click the cart in the top right hand corner before checking out or add the item to your cart before purchasing to see this option). We will then include your message on a tag, as a hand written note, with your gift package.
- If you have any further requests such as corporate gifting, tailored gift orders or special requests contact us directly at email@example.com and we will be in touch to assist.