Heart Leaf Fern
The Heart Leaf Fern
The most unusual of indoor ferns, Hemionitis arifolia – the Heart Leaf Fern – boasts leathery, thick, dark green heart shaped leaves and comes to you in a 15cm plastic nursery pot (terracotta pot not included).
This unusual fern will certainly spark conversation and it will make for an excellent addition to your office desk and the perfect choice for plant lovers looking for a unique challenge...
- A collectors item. Getting yourself one of these quirky indoor ferns will elevate your plant parent status instantly.
- It is a shower companion! Because a very happy place for your Heart Leaf Fern is in the shower with you every few weeks for a humidity boost.
- It purifies and restores moisture to the air. Increasing humidity and ultimately providing a healthier and more enjoyable environment for you!
- The Heart Leaf Fern remains quite small, so it's a perfect choice for a small space or a beloved pot that you don't want it to outgrow.
- Happiest in tropical type environments, the Heart Leaf Fern thrives in moderate to bright light, warm spaces and high humidity.
- The Heart Leaf Fern can tolerate low light spaces too. Just keep an eye on the leaf condition if in very low natural light.
- It is perfect for terrariums and atriums.
- Keep out of direct sunlight.
- Mist the leaves regularly (with a spray bottle or mister) to enhance the humidity in the air around your Heart Leaf Fern.
- Keep the soil of your Heart Leaf Fern moist at all times.
- Make sure to never allow your Heart Leaf Fern to dry out completely, watering often. But also ensuring that it does not sit in water and get too soggy as it is prone to root rot.
- If possible; you should preferably use filtered, distilled or rain water to water your Heart Leaf Fern. Brown leaf tips can develop as a result of its intolerance to the chemicals found in tap water. If you don't have access to this, fill your watering can with tap water and allow to sit over night, in order for the chemicals to evaporate, before watering your Heart Leaf Fern.
- Ferns do not need a lot of fertilising. You can feed your Heart Leaf Fern once a month in Spring and Summer with a liquid plant food.
Did you know?
The Heart leaf Fern is an epiphyte. Which means that it can grow on top of other plants and absorbs nutrients from the air and falling water around it.
Giving this plant as a gift?
- If you are gifting this product to someone; let us know by leaving a note for the receiver of the gift on the Your Cart page where it says "Add note for the seller" (Click the cart in the top right hand corner before checking out or add the item to your cart before purchasing to see this option). We will then include your message on a tag, as a hand written note, with your gift package.
- If you have any further requests such as corporate gifting, tailored gift orders or special requests contact us directly at email@example.com and we will be in touch to assist.